BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Monsoon Weeding

Last week an old friend of mine with whom i had a small tussle few months back and we had stopped talking, called me. His number flattered on my mobile screen. I was bit surprised as this was unexpected, being on high ego he never called me in last one year. Anyways i answered the call and unexpectedly the reply from the other side came,"where were u all this time and u have such a big ego,u never called me once and never ever send an sms". I had already forgotten the old quarrel and was busy with my life. I had no qualms. The old friends finally united.

He told me that he had called me to invite me at his wedding which was fixed for 4th July'2010. I was overwhelmed when he said that how he could forget to call me at his wedding. I accepted the invitation. The very next day he came to my place and gave a formal invitation card.

Finally the D- date came. I all dressed in a beautiful saree, with matching jewelery, fancy shoes and off course not to forget my charming smile was all set to attend the marriage of my friend. I started for the venue with Mr. Cheema who looked as handsome as always. He was happy to see two old friends get united.

But....unfortunately as we reached the venue it started raining cats and dogs. Somehow at the same time 'Barat' had also arrived at the venue. I saw my friend all dressed up as a typical north Indian' Dullah' siting on the horse. All the 'Bratis' who were dancing on the road started running towards the venue to take shelter from the heavy rain, forgetting the 'Dullah'.

......I wanted to go out, congratulate him but i could not and sitting inside the car i was watching the entire episode. I tried to move out once or twice but the rain never allowed me to come out for a second.

Soon people made themselves comfortable in the indoors of the venue. Mr. Cheema and i were still in the car, waiting for the rain to stop. This wait was for more than half an hour. Finally it stopped raining and we got to go inside. All food was spoiled due to rain. I met many of my friends there but due to rain all enthusiasm had faded. Carrying saree on a monsoon wedding was more than enough for me. The high heels were another something to make me go crazy. I was just wondering why my friend had to get married in monsoon.

Somehow i found a way to reach my friend who was surrounded by lots of relatives. I could see the condition of the otherwise always happy go lucky kind of guy. My tussle with the saree was nothing in comparison to his struggle with the three piece suit he was wearing. Without even a single thought i handed him his gift, congratulated him and promised to be around.

But i proved to be a very bad friend i asked Mr. Cheema that we should leave the marriage and go out and have dinner as i was uncomfortable in the crowded venue with my attire.

Unaware of the thrill awaiting us, from the marriage we went off to Defense Colony in search of a restaurant which could provide us with some food at 12:00am. All our efforts in vain. At last we reached Nizamuddin Railway station which has this eating joint Kum Sum, we have had been there many times but this was so different, me in a saree and rain pouring. Oh my god it was just like hindi movies and people staring at me. I had never imagine myself like this. Having finished with dinner by 1:30 am we two driving on still wet with rain water delhi roads, singing loudly,enjoying the weather,all this was a life time experience for a girl like me who spends half of her life in a lawyers uniform.

The whole episode made me realize two things firstly monsoon time is not a good option to get married or attend a wedding and secondly Delhi is not that bad as people talk about it, still a beautiful place to go wild even during monsoon...so the moral of the story is go out and enjoy this monsoon...Happy Monsoon.

2 comments:

BAZOOKA AJITH said...

Nice.....a bit cinematic....reality though

cheers

Meenal(S)Cheema said...

Yes Ajith...i posted this because the entire episode was so very cinematic and funny...