BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

To Dear Mother

The day I opened my eyes you were the first i saw,

The day i started speaking you were the person i called first,
The day i started writing you were the one to hold my hand,
Yes Mum, you were my first teacher.

You taught me to be disciplined , you taught me to be wise.
You praised me for my small victories in school,
You scolded me for every wrong i did.
You taught me love, compassion and you, only taught me tolerance.
Yes Mum, you were my first Philosopher.

You told me how beautiful i am,
You called me 'My pretty girl' whenever i felt awful,
You told me beauty lies inside the heart, you made me impeccable.
You taught me to appreciate almighty's creations
And find beauty in most worse looking things.
Yes Mum, you are the most beautiful as you make me feel beautiful.

You guided me to be myself,
You taught me to love myself and others,
You taught me giving and feeling satisfied with, little i have.
You inspired me to live my dreams,
You encouraged me to take family along with,
And to be with them through thick and thin.
Yes Mum, you are the best Team Leader in the world.

You felicitated me with rewards when i scored enormously.
With your love i improved notches by notches throughout life.
With your strong faith, i came out unharmed from every problem.
With your strong will, which runs in my blood i will never stop.
Yes, Mum you are my backbone.


4 comments:

Supriya said...

Expressed so nicely ... In shorter words....what I tell myself as a daughter and also now as a mother to one...I might not be a perfect daughter and a perfect mother ... but I love my mother and my daughter PERFECTLY !! Cheers to you meenal. I love to read your stuff :-)

Meenal(S)Cheema said...

Thanks dear Supriya,for liking this post...this is the very first time i tried to write in a form of poem.

BAZOOKA AJITH said...

MOTHER....the word brings out a feeling of belonging, warmth, love, inspiration.......although your poem has a fullstop at the end ,I know its hard to summarise in words....so true that i took out my phone and called my mother back home in kerala just to hear her voice.....regards

Meenal(S)Cheema said...

Its the wonderful comment and the best one my post has ever received.i feel my writing blessed that after reading it a son called her mother back home.....thanks to u.